This year’s CraftArt Festival promises to be one of the best ever!
Florida CraftArt Presents the 20th Annual CraftArt Festival
Saturday, November 18, 2017, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday, November 19, 2017, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
CraftArt Festival 2017 is a juried contemporary craft festival in its 20th year that attracts more than 10,000 visitors each year. Purchase Awards are sold in advance to collectors. With over 110 exhibiting artists, the show also features artist demonstrations, glass blowing, children’s art activites, craft beer, wine and food trucks. The CraftArt Festival 2017 is in the heart of the Central Arts District in downtown St. Petersburg, the #1 arts destination for a mid-sized city in the USA. The festival is marketed extensively locally, regionally and nationally through print and web ads, social media, radio and digital billboards. The 2016 CraftArt Festival kicked off the holiday season, click here to read more.
Collectors & Patrons
The nation’s top fine craft artists are featured in the festival. Enjoy glass-blowing and art demonstrations, as well as wine and craft beers in the heart of the central art district.
Juror will award $10,000 in prize money.
ELIGIBILITY: The CraftArt Festival 2017 features over 100 juried fine craft artists. ‘Fine craft art’ is defined as quality original artwork created by the artist in the mediums of clay, fiber, glass, metal, jewelry, mixed media and wood. Paintings, drawings, photography and/or commercially-made works are not eligible.
JUROR: Perry Price, Executive Director, Houston Center for Contemporary Craft.
AWARDS: $10,000 in awards will be selected by the juror and awarded based on the quality of the artist’s body of work regardless of media. Pledged Collector’s Choice Purchase Awards will be distributed during the CraftArt Festival 2017. Final decisions concerning awards are at the sole discretion of the juror:
• One (1) $3,000 Best of Show
• Four (4) $1,000 Awards of Excellence
• Six (6) $500 Awards of Merit.
2016 Award winners: Note: 2016 award winners are exempt from jurying, but MUST submit an application
- Produced by Florida CraftArt, the CraftArt Festival is a two-day contemporary craft festival featuring the best jewelry, clay, glass, paper, wood, metal, fiber and mixed-media artists in the country.
- The festival gives artists the opportunity to show and sell their work with no commission given to Florida CraftArt.
- Sponsorships benefit Florida CraftArt and fund its mission, educational programs, exhibitions and outreach.
- Location: the crossroads of Central Ave. and 5th St. in St. Petersburg, Florida covering several city blocks in the heart of downtown.
- Dates: The weekend before Thanksgiving
Saturday, November 18, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and
Sunday, November 19, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- $10,000 in awards, plus Collectors’ Circle Purchase Awards
- Number of Artists: 110+ nationally known artists, plus emerging artists
- Audience: 10,000+ local residents and tourists