Florida CraftArt presents the 21st Annual CraftArt Festival 2018
Saturday, November 17, 2018, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday, November 18, 2018, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
CraftArt Festival 2018 is a juried contemporary craft festival in its 21st year that attracts more than 10,000 visitors each year. The CraftArt Festival 2018 is held in the heart of downtown St. Petersburg, the #1 arts destination for a mid-sized city in the USA.
Located just outside the doors of the Florida CraftArt Gallery, along Central Avenue in downtown St. Petersburg, the CraftArt Festival 2018 is a destination for tourists and local visitors to enjoy an artful Florida weekend. More than 120 of the nation’s best contemporary fine craft artists show and sell their creations. There are artist demonstrations, a children’s activity tent, food trucks, wine and craft beer.
The two-day festival kicks off the Holiday shopping season and features handmade works in ceramics, fiber, glass, jewelry, metal, paper and mixed media.
The CraftArt Festival 2018 is marketed extensively locally, regionally and nationally through print and web ads, social media, radio and digital billboards.
CraftArt 2018 Artist Application
ELIGIBILITY: The CraftArt Festival 2018 features over 100 juried fine craft artists. ‘Fine craft art’ is defined as quality original artwork created by the artist in the mediums of clay, fiber, glass, metal, jewelry, mixed media and wood. Paintings, drawings, photography and/or commercially-made works are not eligible.
JUROR: Jean McLaughlin, Retired Director, Penland School of Crafts.
AWARDS: $10,000 in awards will be selected by the juror and awarded based on the quality of the artist’s body of work regardless of media. Pledged Collector’s Choice Purchase Awards will be distributed during the CraftArt Festival 2018. Final decisions concerning awards are at the sole discretion of the juror:
• One (1) $3,000 Best of Show
• Four (4) $1,000 Awards of Excellence
• Six (6) $500 Awards of Merit.
Emerging Artist Program
Artists who have never had a major show or participated in an outdoor festival can apply to participate in the festival as an Emerging Artist.
- 10’ x 10’ tent, table, chairs
- Photography session
- Business mentoring by renowned glass artist Duncan McClellan
- 250 Postcards of work
- Stipend for meals
- Judging by the show juror for an Emerging Artist ribbon
- The ultimate benefit to the artists is to be able to professionally present their work to collectors, as well as visitors, and sell their work in a premier setting.
Apply to the Emerging Artist Program!
- Produced by Florida CraftArt, the CraftArt Festival is a two-day contemporary craft festival featuring the best jewelry, clay, glass, paper, wood, metal, fiber and mixed-media artists in the country.
- The festival gives artists the opportunity to show and sell their work with no commission given to Florida CraftArt.
- Sponsorships benefit Florida CraftArt and fund its mission, educational programs, exhibitions and outreach.
- Location: the crossroads of Central Ave. and 5th St. in St. Petersburg, Florida covering several city blocks in the heart of downtown.
- Dates: The weekend before Thanksgiving
Saturday, November 17, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and
Sunday, November 18, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- $10,000 in awards, plus Collectors’ Circle Purchase Awards
- Number of Artists: 110+ nationally known artists, plus emerging artists
- Audience: 10,000+ local residents and tourists