CALL TO ARTISTS
Dolls and Where They Live Curated by Victoria Rose Martin
Exhibition Dates: June 8, 2018 – July 28, 2018
Florida CraftArt invites artists to create dolls which will be featured in environments suggestive of where the dolls might live. The Exhibition Gallery at Florida CraftArt will be transformed, divided into areas for dolls that fall in the following different themes, including but not limited to:
- Gothic Victorian: Think deep rich plums in light-starved Victorian mansions.
- Surreal, Whimsical: Dali, Magritte and dream like images.
- Circus/Carnival: Explore both the light and dark side of the big top.
- Sci-Fi/Industrial: Dystopian weathered walls, broken machines.
- Nature/Fantasy (land and water): Mermaids and creatures of the forest.
- Fairy Tale or Book Characters Dolls
The gallery invites figurative artists to explore the doll/figure. What is a doll? Are they toys, or things better not touched?
Are they specimens in boxes or under glass or are they used and abused by children of all ages. We are looking for high quality work that fits into the themes listed above. The dolls must be ready to display.
1. Artists are invited to submit recent work related to the themes.
2. Download the application online at FloridaCraftArt.org
3. Jurying process: A jury panel will use your digital images to select entries based on originality, creativity, quality and complexity of workmanship, artistry and impact as represented in the images submitted. Cash awards.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
This exhibition is made possible in part with grants from Jeannine Hascall and
Important Dates And Information
Submission period opens: February 1, 2018
Submission deadline (Early): March 31, 2018
Submission deadline – Extended (Late): May 16, 2018
Non-refundable EARLY entry fees are:
Florida CraftArt members: $25 for up to 5 works
Nonmember: $40 for up to 5 works
Non-refundable LATE entry fees are:
Florida CraftArt members: $35 for up to 5 works
Nonmember: $50 for up to 5 works
Notification of acceptance via email: Week of May 20, 2018
Selected artwork due at Florida CraftArt: May 29-June 1, 2018
Opening reception and award announcements: June 8, 2018, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Closing reception and People’s Choice Award: July 28, 2018, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Art Pick-up/Shipping: July 29 and 30, 2018
For general exhibition information or questions related to the call to artists, contact: Florida CraftArt Gallery manager Liz Rogers at (727) 821-7391 or email Liz@FloridaCraftArt.org.